In lieu of flowers, Mary requested that donations be made to one of the following charitable organizations:
When Mary discovered New Orleans and New Orleans music, her life was never the same. We hope that donations in Mary's name to the Tipitina's Foundation might change someone else's life - maybe a kid who receives a new trumpet, and goes on to become the next Kermit Ruffins. The Foundation's "Instruments a Comin'" program provides new instruments to New Orleans area schools, with the goal of increasing youth participation in school music programs and carrying on the remarkable musical traditions of Mary's beloved New Orleans .
To donate via check:
- Make check payable to Tipitina's Foundation.
- In the memo area, be sure to write: "Mary Herczog Memorial Fund for IAC."
- Mail to: Tipitina's Foundation, 4040 Tulane Avenue, Suite 8000 , New Orleans , LA 70119
To donate via phone:
- Call (504) 309-7934 with your credit card number.
- Mention that the donation should be directed to the "Mary Herczog Memorial Fund for IAC."
To donate online:
- Go to the donation page of TipitinasFoundation.org
- At the end of the form (on the 2nd page) in the box for "Additional comments for this order," be sure to enter: "Mary Herczog Memorial Fund for IAC."
- Please note, they prefer that you donate by check or phone (rather than oinline) to ensure that your data is accurately captured.
Donorschoose.org is a "citizen's philanthropy" website that facilitates small donations to public school classrooms and students in need. Browse specific projects and give any amount to the one that inspires you. To donate to Donorschoose.org, visit Mary's page.